See here for link to National Geographic
I digress - this year, in 2016, have made a notable change in our blog to provide more information vs. sales details of what trips might be available. Yes, we will have plenty of those opportunities but moving this blog to more informational with details you can use. Travel is our passion and we appreciate you coming along for this journey.
This installation we decided to provide highlights of noteworthy news stories in the travel industry that may assist you in these next few months. Daily we have been asked the question: "Are you still traveling to Europe?". Our resounding reply is "Yes"...in fact due to ample supply, there is still great cruise pricing to be found, so if Europe is still on your list for 2016, call us or email Cruise@BeyondGroupTravel.com with your preferred dates. We love to assist you in planning an adventure.
If out of the country travel is in your future, you don't want to leave without first joining Global Entry. Nothing worse than returning home from an International trip and having to face a crowd at Passport Control. Don't have Global Entry? Click Here to learn how to apply!!
Plus my favorite is after you have found your checked luggage, in Houston, you get an entirely separate line to hand in the customs form - relief! Makes traversing the airport after an international journey a breeze!
Our company is almost 7 years old however our founders have combined 60 years in the business. We have experienced and witnessed many changes throughout the years with the ID that one has to carry in order to to board the airplane. Prior to 9/11, your ticket was all that was necessary and then exchanged for a boarding card. Not to create boredom here with all the changes, we did find this excellent article at USA Today describing the steps to take in the event of a loss or pickpocket. Click here to read USA Article As a matter of course, we provide all of our travelers with a copy of their passport to store in their checked luggage as a precaution in case of a loss of luggage. You may also want to store the photo in your phone.
Finally - as we near 2017 - are you dreaming of a once in a lifetime trip? We have compiled a list of Bucket List Cruise Destinations for you to think/dream about.
- Alaska - always a favorite - cool with outstanding shore excursions
- Antarctica - with Zodiac boats, daily landings are possible to this driest place on earth. Visiting the 7th continent is on my list!
- Australia and New Zealand - Visiting this continent and this country via cruise ship offers a taste with only having to unpack once.
- Galapagos - a living testament to the power of evolution. See/experience a plethora of flora & fauna here on land and in the water.
- Panama Canal- whether you do a full transit or just the entrance, this one is truly a delight to experience the gigantic locks and hear the stories on how this was built. Certainly an engineering marvel.
- South Pacific - Tahiti and that space in general offers up dreams of crystal blue water, thatched huts and and paradise like none other on earth.
- World Cruise - planning retirement or just time on your hands, this option is a cruiser's paradise typically incorporating an itinerary that includes all or most of above.
#BGTgroups #WeLoveGroups #BGTcruising #BucketList #TravelGram #JustCruise #TravelBlog